Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Welcome to the world, little champ!

Dear Bhanju,

 18th Feb, 2014.  That is the day you were born. A new member in our family, the next generation, and a bundle of joy and happiness. Let me introduce myself, I am your mama. This is the first letter I am writing to you, and I am sure there would be many more.

 I still remember the day your mom and dad got married. It has been more than 5 years. You are lucky to have such wonderful parents. I am confident that you would grow up to be a very well respected, and highly qualified man. I will always be there for you, I may not be in US, but you can always contact me for anything (including your homework ;) )

 We will relive our childhood days, with your childhood. We will play with you, we will study with you, we will be there for you, and be with you in every step of your life. Just remember one thing, do your homework on time, and don't watch a lot of TV.

 You are just one day old, you have a whole life waiting ahead of you. Life is a journey, never be disappointed with failure, always be patient, persistent and always listen to your parents. Your friends may tell you hundred things, but when in doubt always ask your parents. Remember they love you more than anything else, and will always be there for you.

 I would like to end with a quote. "Life isn't a matter of milestones, but of moments" - Rose Kennedy

Yours Lovingly,
Kartik Mamu

2 comments:

s.sarkar said...

This is so nicely written ...am sure he has the best Mamu :)

Kartik said...

Thanks Soumita!